Basic Drilling Engineering
Bandung | November 6-9 2012 | IDR 8.250.000,-/ Person
After completing this course participants are expected to be able to:
- Understanding the basic principles and simple calculations for implementation of well-drilling oil wells, gas and geothermal reservoir, develop implementation of this calculation to improve the performance of well-drilling wells in the field.
- Conduct simple diagnosis and comprehend the settlement and build oil, gas or geothermal wells.
- Create a simple analysis of oil, gas and geothermal wells exploration data, and able to design a global drilling performance and plan its development.
- Conduct the simple quantitative calculations of mapping out for drilling mud, cement, hydraulics, well control.
- Practise knowledges in vertical drilling design, for drilling wells sloping design, horizontal wells both using overbalance and underbalance technology.
Backgrounds: Operator, Senior Operator, Engineer/Non Engineer
- Introduction : Rotary Drilling Operations
- Steps to drilling a well
- Types of rigs
- Rig Components
- Rig Systems
- Rheology of Drilling and Completion Fluids
- Equations and Inflow Performance Relationship Functions of Drilling/ Completion
- Fluid Types,
- Fluid Models
- Introduction to Rotary Viscometer
- Other Testing Equipment
- Objectives of Monitoring Fluids
- Mud System
- General Equations and ConceptsDiagnostic tests
- Water mud based
- Oil mud based
- Mud handling system
- Tubing DesignFunctions of cement
- Cement Types
- Cement Additives
- Oil Field Tubules and Hydraulics
- Drill string
- Casing and tubing
- Casing classification
- Stresses on casing
- Casing setting depth
- Burst and collapse calculations
- Drilling System – Pressure Loss Calculations
- Flow through pipes and annuli
- Flow path
- Pressure loss calculations
- Drilling System – Bit & Nozzles
- Hydrostatics Bit Types
- Bit Parts
- Bit Classification
- Bit Nozzles
- Introduction to Well Control
- Hydrostatics Definitions
- Causes of kicks
- Kick indicators
- Shut-in procedure
- Well Kill Procedures
- Directional Drilling
- Reasons for directional wells
- Planning Trajectory
- Kickoff Methods
- Survey Methods
- Survey Calculations
- Hole Assemblies
Dr. Ir. Sudjati Rachmat, DEA graduated from Petroleum Engineering Department of ITB in 1979 and got his Doctorate Degree with honored in 1987 from Ecole Centrale de Lyon I, France . The topic of his thesis is Modelisation Numerique d’Ecoulements Polyphasiques en Milieux Poreux Application au Cas de Calcul des Champs de Pressions et de Saturations dans un Gisement de Petrole.
For the time being, he became a lecturer in Petroleum Engineering Department of ITB. His subjects are Analysis and Numerical Method, Engineering Mathematics, Computer Simulation, Flu id Mechanic, Artificial Intelligence for Petroleum Engineering.
He also gave many courses to the community, such as: basic reservoir engineering and reservoir simulation, basic production engineering, down hole well testing, statistic and numerical method for petroleum engineering, basic log interpretation, etc. He is a member of some profession organization such as: IATMI, SPE/EIME, IMA, HAIAI, FPS-USA, INAGA, and IGA.
Certificate of Appreciation
All attendees will receive a certificate of appreciation attesting to their participant in the training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed training questionnaire.
Documentation & Dress Code
- Quality training material kits will be on registration, additional papers, & handouts assignment by Our Partner.
- Note-taking by participants is encourage. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
- Casual clothing is recommended. The training atmosphere is informal.
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Quality training kits included T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Interactive presentation with discussion
- Lunch per day
- Morning and afternoon coffee / tea breaks for along the training
- Certificate of Completion
- Exclusive flash disk.
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline
- IDR 8.250.000,-/ Person
- Registration deadline a weeks before training held.
This training will be conducted if we receive registration letter from 4 (Four) participants (Minimum)