CATHODIC PROTECTION FOR ONSHORE AND OFFSHORE STRUCTURE
Hotel Golden Flower Bandung | 11 – 15 Juni 2012 | Rp 7.950.000/person (Almost Running)
Hotel Harris Tuban Bali / Hotel Bintang *** | 3 – 7 September 2012 | Rp 9.500.000/person
This course focuses on cathodic protection methods with sacrificial anode and impressed current to stop corrosion. Review on corrosion and technique by which it can be identified, monitored and controlled will be given in detail. Active participation is encouraged through case studies and examples especially on the use transformer-rectifier of impressed current and magnesium, zinc and alum sacrificial anodes.
TRAINING MATERIAL OUTLINE
- The nature, scope and language of corrosion
- Properties of metallic materials
- Commonly used carbon and alloyed steels
- Underground (soil) corrosion and underwater (seawater) corrosion
- Case studies and examples of industrial corrosion failure
- Electrochemistry of corrosion process
- Ohm’s law and the corrosion rate
- Corrosion cell, corrosion potential, and corrosion current
- Uniform, galvanic and localized corrosion
- Fundamentals of corrosion control and prevention with cathodic protection
- Sacrificial anode and impressed current methods
- Understanding NACE Standard RP-01-69
- Requirement, design and criteria of cathodic protection
- Testing, monitoring, and inspection of cathodic protection
- Impressed current specification, installation and construction
- Sacrificial anode specification, installation and construction
- Continuity testing procedure of cathodic protection installation
- Field test, measurement techniques and instrument
- Data recording and evaluation of cathodic protection system
- Case studies of corrosion control and prevention with cathodic protection.
THIS TRAINING IS DESIGNED FOR
Anyone who needs to understand the basic of corrosion control with Cathodic Protection in any onshore and offshore structure, especially as it relates to his or her area of responsibility, in any industrial, mining, oil and gas production facility.
- Non Cathodic Protection Engineers of any discipline.
- Technicians and Field Operators.
- Onshore and Offshore structure and pipeline cathodic protection inspectors.
- Beginners who interested in.
- None. No previous training in corrosion control and cathodic protection is required. However, to gain the most from this course, a basic understanding of science, chemistry and electricity will be helpful.
Hilman Ahmad, PhD., an Independent Consultant in industrial oil and gas, member of the Society of Indonesian Petroleum Engineers, who manage the Industrial Oil & Gas Education Center for Professionals and has been practicing production operation & safety and corrosion control engineering in Indonesia for more than twenty-five years. He post-graduated from Tokyo Institute of technology (sponsored by UNESCO) in 1977. He joined in-field-practice program at Nippon Kokan Steel Company & Research Center Kawasaki, Japan for production facility design & construction and corrosion prevention & control in 1983, and collaborated with Cormon Industrial Research Center Brighton UK for on-line corrosion monitoring development in 2000.He has been delivering consultative course in production operation, maintenance & safety and corrosion control for personnel from Oil & Gas Company and Petrochemical Industry since 1979.
- Hotel Golden Flower Bandung
- Hotel Harris Tuban Bali/ Hotel Bintang ***
- 11 – 15 Juni 2012
- 3 – 7 September 2012
- Rp 7.950.000/person (full fare) or
- Rp 7.700.000/person (early bird, payment before 14 February 2011) or
- Rp 7.450.000/person (if there are 3 persons or more from the same company)
- Rp 9.500.000/person (full fare) or
- Rp 9.250.000/person (early bird, payment before 14 February 2011) or
- Rp 9.000.000/person (if there are 3 persons or more from the same company)
FACILITIES FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Training Module
- Training CD Contains Training Material
- Stationeries: NoteBook and Ballpoint
- Jacket or Waistcoat or T-Shirt
- Bag or Backpackers
- Training Photo
- Training Room with Full AC Facilities and multimedia
- Once lunch and twice coffeebreak every day of training
- Qualified and experienced instructor
- Transportation for participants from hotel of participants to/from venue of training(if minimal number of participants from one company is 4 persons)