CHEMICAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT
Bandung | 5-8 October 2009 | USD 710,-/ Person
Some chemicals used at work are clearly perceived as being dangerous eg. Concentrated sulphuric acid; with other substances, however, the danger may not be so well appreciated.
Hazards may be biological, chemical or physical and include fire and explosion. It is important to think about the way in which materials are used and the way which anyone would be at risk from their (mis)use. Lack of knowledge and/ or in correct decisions could lead to immediate injury(acute) or long-term illness (chronic injury).
This training provides an understanding of hazardous substances, starting from its classification, hazards, to chronic effect to human body. Furthermore, hazardous substances management is also explained, such as communication, disposal, emergency response and identification before accident due hazardous substances happens by risk management activities
At the end of this presentation you will be better able to:
- Explain the hazardous substances definition and classification.
- Identify hazards due to hazardous substances on human
- Mention some hazards substances labeling or tagging standards
- Read label and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet).
- Show hazardous substances waste disposal process.
- Explain hazardous substances management and technique.
- Select the protection media based on the use of OSH.
- Assess the risk due hazardous substances
- Select the technique and the control of dangerous chemical substances
Who Should Attend?
- Manager K3/ staff K3
- Inspector LK3
- HSE Manager/ Engineer/ Supervisor
- Plant Manager
- Maintenance Manager/ Engineer
- Process facility manager/ Engineer
- Field manager/ engineer
- The other person who interested in
- Rule and Regulation of dangerous chemical substances
- Hazard Classifications
- Physical and health effects of the hazardous chemicals.
- Control strategies
- MSDS content
- The written hazard communication program.
- Assessment of risk in workplace environment.
- Controlled Products in storage and use- Characteristics and Precautions.
- Handling container of chemicals
- Disposal of ( hazardous) chemical waste
- Safety signs : packaging and vehicle transport signs
- Select fire protection media based on using materials
- Safety emergency procedures to follow if the employee is exposed to these chemicals.
- Chemical safety inspection
The training is provided in the form of lecture, discussion, and case studies, problem solving, report and presentation.
Bambang Pamudji, Bsc. SE.
Bambang Pamudji, Former Senior Health and Safety staff of PT. Pupuk Sriwidjaja (Urea Fertilizer Manufacturer) Palembang .Born in Pasuruan East Java, 14 March 1950. He was B.Sc in Public Health from APK Surabaya 1971 and graduate from Economic Management Sriwidjaja University 1996. Having certificates in Health, Safety, and Environment from Depnakertrans/ Institutions and Universities in Indonesia, institutions and Universities in UK, and National Safety Council. Experienced in setting up Health and Safety Management System documentation and its application. Experienced internal lead auditor SMK3 in PT. Pupuk Sriwidjaja, and External lead auditor SMK3 for Indonesian Association Fertilizer Producer. Guess speaker and facilitator in various National Health and Safety seminar or courses.
Certificate of Appreciation
All attendees will receive a certificate of appreciation attesting to their participant in the training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed training questionnaire.
Documentation & Dress Code
- Quality training material kits will be on registration, additional papers, & handouts assignment by Our Partner.
- Note-taking by participants is encourage. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
- Casual clothing is recommended. The training atmosphere is informal.
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Quality training kits included T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Interactive presentation with discussion
- Lunch per day
- Morning and afternoon coffee / tea breaks for along the training
- Certificate of Completion
- Exclusive flash disk.
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline
USD 710,-/ Person, Registration deadline a weeks before training held.
This training will be conducted if we receive registration letter from 3 (three) participants (Minimum)