Culture Change for Maintenance and Reliability Improvement
Bandung | September 20-22, 2011 | IDR 6.950.000 ,-/ Person
Reliability improvement is the focus in industry today. This is to insure the available of the products/ services which comply the demands. Many programs are designed to improve maintenance and reliability, but, the achieved results are rarely sustaining. This indicates that change is a difficult process and without proper attention to organizational culture, long-term successful change is not possible.
This course defines the culture, especially the organizational cultures. It elaborates the elements of culture, i.e. values, role models, rites and rituals, and cultural infrastructure. Then the discussion on the elements of change are following, i.e. leadership, work process, structure, group learning, technology, communication, interrelationships, and rewards. These two types of elements form a matrix which is the basis of the web of cultural change.
A tool has been developed for assessing the organizational culture with the objective to identify the root causes of the un-sustainability of the maintenance and reliability improvements. Recommendations for correction action can be derived from the results of the assessment.
How You Can Benefit From This Course
- Changing the organizational culture in order to promote long-lasting change
- Provide a solid foundation to build new concepts, behavior and ways of thinking about work.
- Provide guidance for culture change and targeting reliability improvement.
- Understand the concept of cultural change applicable for the tasks you have every day.
Who Should Attend
- Maintenance Managers/ Superintendent/ Engineers/ Planners/ Supervisors
- Project Engineers
- Process & Manufacturing Engineer
- Production Planners/ Engineer/ PPIC/ Operation Engineers
- Other professionals who want to have a better understanding and take advantage from the course.
- Culture defined
- Vision and the goal achievement model
- Organizational values
- Role models
- Rites and rituals
- Cultural infrastructure
- Elements of change: leadership, work process, structure, group learning, technology, communication, interrelationships, and rewards.
- The web of cultural change
- Assessment and corrective action
Course Leader :
DR. Ir. Edy Suwondo
DR. Ir. Edy Suwondo is a lecturer at the Aerospace Engineering Department, Institute Technology of Bandung (ITB) and a member of the Aircraft Design, Operation and Maintenance Research Group, ITB. He has been working in the area of maintenance since 1992. His expertise is in Reliability Centered Maintenance, Reliability Control Program, Maintenance Planning and Life Cycle Costing. He has conducted various research in those area at GMF AeroAsia, Royal Dutch Airlines (KLM), Nusantara Turbine and Propulsion (PT NTP) and Indonesian Aerospace Company (IAe). He involves also in various projects in his research group. Mr. Edy Suwondo received his bachelor degree from the Aerospace Engineering ITB and his doctor degree from Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), The Netherlands. His doctor research was in the applications of Life Cycle Costing in maintenance area.
Certificate of Appreciation
All attendees will receive a certificate of appreciation attesting to their participant in the training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed training questionnaire.
Documentation & Dress Code
- Quality training material kits will be on registration, additional papers, & handouts assignment by Our Partner.
- Note-taking by participants is encourage. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
- Casual clothing is recommended. The training atmosphere is informal.
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Convenient training facilities with four star quality
- Quality training kits included calculator, T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Morning and afternoon coffee / tea breaks and lunch for along the training
- Exclusive flash disk.
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline
- IDR 6.950.000 ,-/ Person, (excluded tax 10% and accommodation)
- Registration and payment deadline a weeks before training held.
This training will be conducted if we receive registration letter from 3 (three) participants (Minimum)