DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE TELEPHONE SKILLS
Hotel Harris Tebet Jakarta | 30 April 2012 | Pkl. 09.00 – 16.30 WIB | Rp 1.750.000,00
The telephone is the most familiar piece of technology in the workplace and it’s use is often taken for granted. It is the way we speak to most of our customers, the way relationships are forged or broken, and the way information is clearly or poorly relayed. The ability to communicate in a prompt, friendly, and professional manner is essential to creating the right impression and getting your message across. This course will enable participants to develop, or refresh the techniques, and skills required to make and take calls effectively. They will learn and practice methods for giving and receiving information logically and clearly, building rapport, and dealing with difficult callers. Role-play will be used with real life examples to ensure the course is relevant and applicable.
- Create the right impression of yourself and your company, and present an image of total customer care.
- Communicate confidently and handle customer calls with courtesy, enthusiasm and friendly efficiency.
- Handle calls in a structured way, project professionalism in words and voice and speak with clarity.
- Manage difficult and aggressive customers and resolve problems successfully.
- Ask the right questions, LISTEN, and deal with enquiries, messages and complaints effectively.
- Close calls by summarising outcomes and agreed actions with the caller and by recording details.
PROGRAM CONTENT :
1. CREATING A PROFESSIONAL IMAGE OVER THE TELEPHONE
- UNDERSTANDING HOW CUSTOMERS FORM THEIR IMPRESSION
- FIRST AND LASTING IMPRESSIONS – GETTING IT RIGHT
- HANDLING THE KEY STAGES OF THE CALL – ACHIEVING SEAMLESS SERVICE
- SOUNDING PROFESSIONAL AND CONFIDENT
- WHAT NOT TO SAY – AVOIDING THE IMAGE-WRECKERS
2. IMPROVING YOUR TELEPHONE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- DEVELOPING YOUR TELEPHONE VOICE
- TECHNIQUES TO AID CLEAR SPEAKING – ARTICULATION, ASSIMILATION,RATE, PACE, INFLECTION
- SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES TO ENHANCE LISTENING SKILLS – SHOWING EMPATHY AND CLARIFYING UNDERSTANDING
- EXAMINING TECHNIQUES – BEING COURTEOUS, CLEAR, COLOURFUL, CONCISE, CONSISTENT, CORRECT AND COMMUNICATIVE
3. CONTROLLING THE TELEPHONE PROCESS CONFIDENTLY
- MAKING AND TAKING CALLS – THE DO’S AND DON’TS
- BEING PREPARED AND BEGINNING THE CALL
- HOW TO SOUND CONFIDENT AND HELPFUL – BUILDING RAPPORT
- DEALING WITH ENQUIRIES – GETTING THE FACTS AND CONTROLLING THE CALL
- ENDING THE CALL
4. HANDLING PROBLEMS, UPSET CALLERS AND DIFFICULT CUSTOMERS
- DEVELOPING FLEXIBILITY – HANDLING EVERY CALL EFFECTIVELY
- HANDLING COMPLAINTS AND DEMANDING CUSTOMERS – MAINTAINING A POSITIVE APPROACH
- RESOLVING PROBLEMS – IDENTIFYING A PROCESS
5. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT – PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- INTEGRATING ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS FOR EFFECTIVE TECHNIQUES
- REFINING YOUR TELEPHONE MANNER – DEVELOPING A WELCOMING STYLE
- FORMULATING A PERSONAL ACTION PLAN
Who Should Attend?
Frontline staff, Receptionists, Telephonist, Customer Service and staff who need to excel their telephone service skills
Carlina Agnes Patuwo
Experienced Professional Secretary and in Human Resource & Training for 28 years in various multi-national companies. Currently Lina is an acknowledged facilitator in the area of services, personality development, personal branding, communication, secretarial, and administrative skills since year 1999.
JADWAL & LOKASI PELATIHAN :
30 April 2012 , Pkl. 09.00 – 16.30 WIB
Hotel Harris Tebet Jakarta
- Rp 1.750.000,00/Peserta (full fare)
- Rp 1.500.000,00/Peserta (Pembayaran sebelum tanggal 15 November 2011(early bird)
Setiap peserta akan memperoleh ‘Certificate of Accomplishment’, Gandaan Materi baik hardcopy (makalah) maupun softcopy (CD Materi), dan konsumsi (makan siang dan 2xmeals).