Effective Negotiation Skills
Hotel Menara Peninsula/ Ibis Hotel/ Lumere Hotel, Jakarta | 26-27 November 2012 | Rp. 3.250.000,- – PASTI JALAN
Hotel Menara Peninsula/ Ibis Hotel/ Lumere Hotel, Jakarta | 10-11 Desember 2012 | Rp. 3.250.000,-
Learn today’s skills, strategies and tips for successful negotiation in all business transactions -both inside and outside your organization. Deal with customers, vendors, colleagues, bosses, and subordinates with confidence, professionalism and ability to bring about a solution that satisfied both sides.
Negotiation is an essential part of daily life; develop the ability to negotiate successfully, and get the results you want while strengthening working relationship. In this 2 days workshop, you’ll learn to confidently pursue and achieve the best outcme in ordinary and extraordinary situations.
This course provides the skills necessary to conduct negotiations. After finishing this training session, participants are expected to able to understand the very basic of negotiation, the negotiation stages, able to set plan, strategy and negotiation scenarios, able to use negotiation techniques and tactics.
- Establish goals and achieve win/win agreements
- Identify their – and their counterpart’s… negotiating style
- Prepare a strategy for creating integrative agreements
- Demonstrate effective negotiation behaviors
- Learn how to deal effectively with difficult tactics, people and situations
- Build their skills for negotiating more systematically and successfully over time.
Who Should Attend
- Team leaders, supervisors, managers, executives, or any employees who rely on the cooperation of others -inside and outside the company- to meet their goals.
- Two days – 16 hours
1. Introduction / Background
- Workshop Objectives
- Expectation of Participants.
2. Negotiation: The Basic
- Definition and Role of Negotiation
- Characteristics of Negotiation
- Why Negotiation Fails?
- Individual and Team Negotiation.
3. Negotiation: The Process
- Stage-1: Negotiation Preparation
- Stage-2: Target, Strategy Scenario Determination
- Stage-3: Pre-Negotiation
- Stage-4: Face to face Negotiation
- Stage-5: Reaching Agreement
- Stage-6: After the Negotiation.
4. Negotiation: The Techniques
- Counter Tactics for each Stage.
5. Negotiation: Simulation/Role Play
- Simulation: Techniques and Tactics Implementation Role Play.
- Summary and Conclusion.
Sahala P. Sinurat. He accomplished, after getting a scholarship from Overseas Fellowship Program (World Bank), his master degree in Operations Research from University of Delaware, Newark (US) in 1990.
With a proven record of teaching, training and consulting experiences and exposure to different cultures behind him, he held several positions at various organizations that include:
- A researcher for the National Institute for Aeronautics and Space (LAPAN)
- Professional Staff to Lembaga PPM (a well-known management institute in Indonesia), specialized in human resources management and development, operations/production management, quantitative analysis; lecturer at post graduate of Lembaga PPM. He has about 4000 hours of teaching to big, medium and small companies, local as well as multinational companies.
- Training and Development Manager for Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia, producer of white cigarette such as Dunhill, Kansas, White Horses, etc. His final project with the company was to lead assessment and selection process for merger purposes between British American Tobacco – Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia).