Engineering Economy for Investment and Decision Making
Grand Seriti Hotel, Bandung | 12 – 14 Juli, 2010 | Rp. 5.250.000,-
For operational purposes, there are some alternatives for technical designs that can be developed. After technical analysis has been conducted for the available alternatives then the economic analysis will take a turn to find the most economical one.
Since a technical design will have significant cost and expense in both investment and operational and it will be expected to last in a long period of time, it will be important to see every alternative from the concept of Time Value of Money in form of its Value Equivalent.
After attending this course, participant will gain knowledge and understand:
- The problems in investment decision making
- Time value of money
- Value equivalent (annual and now)
- Economic viability analysis
- Economic life
- Investment decision making
1. Introduction of Engineering Economy
- Engineering Economy Definition
- Problem of Investment Decision Making
2. Time Value of Money Concept
- Time Value of Money Understanding
- Value Equivalency Understanding
- Abbreviation of Equivalency Calculation
3. Value Equivalency
- Equivalency Uniform Annual Cash Flow
- Present Value Equivalency (Present Worth)
- Investment Decision Making based on Value Equivalency
4. Economical Feasibility Analysis
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Investment Decision Making based on NPV and IRR
5. Economic Life
- Economic Life Policy
- Investment Decision Making based on Economy Life
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All managers and their assistants or staffs who involve in investment analyzing and decision making either directly or indirectly, such as:
- Building plant, hotel, hospital, school/university, toll way, electric generation power plant (PLTA, PLTU, and PLTN), port, bus station, airport and so on.
- Procurement/ installation in production/operation facilities such as: machining equipment, telephone communication centre, computer, vehicle (automobile, vessel, aircraft, train) and so on.
Ir. Imam Istiyanto, MBA
Ir. Imam Istiyanto, MBA is graduated of the Industrial Engineering of Bandung Institute Technology Bandung and to increase his knowledge four years letter he earned his master degree of business administration, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Wisconsin USA.
For about 22 years, he had delivered various public trainings such as innovation Business, Finance for Non Financial Managers, and Training for Trainers, Engineering Economics, Planning, Programming and Budgeting System, Maintenance and Material Management.
As consultant, he is active as leader of Management and Business Integration System (MBIS) Project Technical Audit, BPPT, Project Benefit Monitoring and Evaluation and as a specialist of information system management in BUMN.
12 – 14 Juli, 2010
Grand Seriti Hotel, Bandung
Rp. 5.250.000,- per participant, excluding accommodation & tax.