ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATION ANTICIPATING CONFLICTS
Jogjakarta | 3-6 August 2009 | USD 780,-
he environment has become an important factor in the overall business strategy of companies in Indonesia. Environmental issues are becoming increasingly complex. Traditional ways of addressing environmental issues – in a reactive ad-hoc manner – are proving to be highly unsatisfactory. Environmental laws and regulations are becoming more stringent and are proving to be extremely onerous for business.
This Four-day course is designed to combine operational business requirements versus available regulations, specifically for activities in the natural resources and energy sectors. This course is also designed for personnel who wish to gain an appreciation of Indonesia and International Environmental legislation.
On completion of the course, the participant will:
- Gain an overview of Indonesia and International Environmental legislation.
- Gain an appreciation of the significance of environmental legislation in the context of Clause 4.3.2 “legal and other requirements” of ISO 14001
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Personnel who are responsible for monitoring the impact of environmental legislation on their company
- Personnel who are responsible for maintaining the EMS in their company.
- The course will also be of interest to managers responsible for emissions to the various media, such as effluent, gaseous emissions, hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- þ Overview of environmental legislation in Indonesia
- Management and Living Environment Act,
- EIA Government Regulations
- Clean Air Regulations
- Clean Water Regulations
- Soil and Land related Regulations
- Anti-Pollution Compliance Regulations
- Dangerous Substances and Wastes.
- Waste Management related Regulations
- Resources Conservation and Recovery Regulations
- Local Government (Peraturan Daerah or PerDa) – as new comer
- Access to Information on the Environment Compliance Regulations
- Classification, Packaging, Labeling and Notification of Dangerous Substances) Regulations.
- Environmental Crime Regulations
- Problem of Prevention
- Environmental Marine Laws vs Off-shore Development Technology
- Roles of MAPS in Environmental Dispute Solution
- Safety, Health at Work and related regulations
- Impending environmental legislation
- Lesson-Learned: Companies that stopped operations due to environmental legal cases/liability
This specially designed course will be conducted by Ir. Wahyu Affandi, M.Si. He is well experienced in HSE (Health-Safety-Environment) auditing in oil & gas, mining, petrochemicals and manufactures. He is an independent consultant for Oil and Gas Company in Indonesia. His career was begun at VICO Indonesia a major oil and gas producer formerly named Huffco in East Kalimantan from 1982 to 2000. During his career in VICO he exposed to various jobs and responsibilities such as Reservoir Engineering, Production Operations, Crude Oil Lifting Coordinator, and HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) matters. Having more than 25 years experiences in international oil and gas industries onshore and offshore, such as LASMO, ENI and more than 10 years experiences in environmental field. One of his remarkable achievements was successfully setting up and implementing EMS ISO 14001 at VICO Indonesia. He graduated from Petroleum Engineering ITB in 1982. As well as holding Master Degree in Environment Management from Padjajaran University and Twente Enschede of Netherlands, he is also having an international certification as EMS and ISO 14000 Auditor, EARA Course No: 00300, ANSI-RAB No: EMS 608. Certificate. No UK/170100/013.
To enhance his knowledge and expertise, he participated many courses in Indonesia and for production operations and especially in environment engineering i.e.: Advance EMS and Auditor ISO 14000, Marine Pollution Control and Exercise, Oil Spill Handling, AMDAL Type A & B, Modern Safety Management System, etc. He is also active as speaker at national and in international environment forums, gives and training to several oil & gas, and petrochemical industry for almost 15 years. He has some experiences as auditor for oil and gas industries onshore and offshore.
Certificate of Appreciation
All attendees will receive a certificate of appreciation attesting to their participant in the training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed training questionnaire.
- Quality training material kits will be on registration, additional papers, & handouts assignment by Our Partner.
- Note-taking by participants is encourage. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
- Casual clothing is recommended. The training atmosphere is informal.
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Quality training kits included calculator, T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Interactive presentation with discussion
- Convenient training facilities with five star quality
- Lunch per day
- Morning and afternoon coffee / tea breaks for along the training
- Certificate of Completion
- Local drop and pick up for arrival and departure between airport to hotel.
- Half day city tour at the end of training session following by dinner with entertainment (Optional)
- Exclusive flash disk.
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline
USD 780,-/ Person, discount 10 % if register three or more persons from one company.
Registration deadline a weeks before training held.
This training will be conducted if we receive registration letter from 3 (three) participants (Minimum)