Heat Transfer Equipment
Papandayan Hotel, Bandung | February 22-25, 2010 | Rp.7.250.000,-
Participants are encouraged to bring the following documents into the class for case study discussion:
- Technical drawings of: insulated pipes, heat exchanger, heater, cooler, boiler, drier, compressors, etc.
- Refresh heat transfer knowledge
- Provide introduction to heat transfer technology
- Learn about heat transfer theory and its applicability in real applications
- Built awareness of energy utility effectively and optimum, in real applications
- Perform heat transfer analysis techniques; modeling, sketching
- Perform problem solving approaches, correctly select equations selection of energy balance
- Introduction to heat transfer: the importance of heat transfer in the industrial applications and daily life; parameters and results considered in the heat transfer process
- Samples of heat transfer practice in our daily life
- Basic principles of heat transfer and basic mechanism review of heat transfer
- Practical and applicable equations of heat transfer: conduction heat transfer, convection heat transfer, and radiation heat transfer
- Heat transfer technique analysis; modeling, system description, sketch system, the object, energy balance equation, problem solving approaches, correct equations selection
- Application of heat transfer theory in the real industrial practice. Participants are encouraged to bring up real industrial cases from the job site. In order to gain more benefits of having case studies taken from the job site, participants are recommended to provide data 2 weeks in advance.
The delivery method of this training will be the combinations of applied heat transfer theory and case studies discussion withdrawn from the actual job sites.
Introduction (discussions and brain storming)
Basic parameters of heat transfer, introduce the materials characteristic, and relevant tables & graphics commonly used
Problem solving techniques of heat transfer; system description concept, sketching the object, formulating the energy balance equation, correct selection of energy balance equation. Group exercise and discussion about the real problems from the job sites
Calculation & problems solving techniques, exercises, discussion, post test and wrap up
DR. Ir. Halim Abdurachim graduated from Mechanical Engineering ITB. In 1980 he received his Docteur D’Etat es Science from Universite de Perpignan, France in the field of energy conservation, heat transfer and thermodynamic. He also deepened and sharpened his expertise in advanced renewable energy resource for 2 years in 1982 at ACTIM – France and Trieste- Italy. He have been giving for more than 15 years both public and in-house course to TotalFinaElf, Pertamina, PT. Pupuk Sriwijaya, PT. PENI/BP Petrochemical, PT. Pupuk Kaltim, PT. Badak NGL for the subject of heat exchanger, piping system, energy conservation techniques, energy audit, thermal isolation techniques, pump and compressor, air conditioning system, and industrial process facility. He currently is senior consultant for oil & gas , and process industry as well as senior lecturer at Mechanical Engineering ITB.
February 22-25, 2010
Papandayan Hotel, Bandung
Rp.7.250.000,- per participant, excluding accommodation & tax.