Aryaduta Hotel Semanggi/Swiss-Belhotel, Jakarta * | December 13th – 15th, 2012 | Rp. 3.750.000, – (Full Fare)
To provide the knowledge and skills required to install, configure and administer Linux servers.
Linux system administrators.
Practical : experience with basic UNIX commands
- Introduction to Linux and its various distributions
- Architecture, including memory, tasks, I/O and modules
- Installation and hardware support
- Managing applications: archives and packages
- Administrative tools such as Webmin
- Structure and management of file systems, fdisk, LVM, ext3 and other tools, quotas, ACL
- Administering users: system files, private groups
- Managing processes and the system journals
- Configuration and start-up processes
- Configuring a TCP/IP network: network interfaces, routing, DNS and diagnostic tools
- Printer management: definitions, configuring and using CUPS
- Backup and recovery: strategies, dump/restore, tar, cpio and pax
- Configuring servers and clients for graphical XWindow programs
- Kernel optimization and reconfiguration
LINUX NETWORK AND SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
To provide the knowledge and skills required to configure the principal TCP/IP network services, and to secure workstations and servers in a Linux Intranet/Internet environment.
Linux system administrators.
Practical experience with Linux system administration
- Security policies and the role of the administrator
- Installing and upgrading security packages under Linux
- Authentication and access control
- Controlling network services
- Overview of TCP/IP configuration under Linux
- DNS server configuration (Bind): theory of operation, table format and named.conf files
- Configuring e-mail: Postfix, POP and IMAP, SSL/TLS security
- NFS distributed files ystems: server and client configuration files
- Sharing printers: CUPS, configuration, client and server
- Coexisting with Windows: sharing drives and printers with Samba
- Installing, configuring and using Secure Shell (SSH)
- IP security with iptables, setting up a firewall
- Journaling, accounting and auditing
- How to react during and after an intrusion
RESOLVING LINUX PROBLEMS
To provide the knowledge skills necessary to quickly diagnose and resolve problems that Linux system administrators commonly encounter, by means of practical exercises based on real-world cases where the participant diagnoses and resolves problems on a Linux server.
Linux system administrators.
Practical experience with UNIX administration.
- Introduction to resolving Linux problems. Best practices and effective methodologies.
- Basic problem resolution tools available on the Internet
- What to do when nothing works; recovery tools (rescue mode, the operating system bootloader, backups and restores), best recovery practices and examples
- Resolving start-up problems, practical tips for when the server doesn’t start
- Resolving problems with disks, file systems, LVM and RAID software, users, groups, PAM, quotas, Access Control Lists
- Handling X Window server failures, keyboard and screen problems, and problems with portables
- Resolving problems with: installations and updates (RPM, apt), processes (ps, top. strace, ltrace, lsof, …), the kernel (lsmod, modprobe, …), networks (ifconfig, ip, route, arp, netstat, nmap, wireshark, …), network services, tcp wrappers, iptables
- Resolving problems with the scheduler (cron, at) and the print manager (CUPS)
- Resolving NFS and SAMBA problems
Workshop Leader :
Fauzi Hasan, DR, Ir. MM, MBA, PMP, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CMPP, CSCP, CGeIT, APICS, ITIL, CEP-PM, APICS,
Having vast experience in the project management area with areas of exposure such as: banking IT & Telco, manufacturing, Oil and Gas industries, enhanced with application of business process improvement procedure in line with CMMI methodology; while also delivering consultancy in IT strategy and audit, and supplemented with direct involvement in the setting up of BCP and DRP complementing the establishment of DRC for local Indonesian banks and government institutions.
Business development and sales executive experienced in direct operational involvement in the information technology and telecommunication services. Major focus in satellite-VSAT/DMV/ ISBN and wireless OFDM, CDMA and embryonic form of 3G services, while having vast experiences for combined Telco solutions with diversified media and technology platforms applied in diversified Industry.
Strong exposure and with hands on knowledge of business process re-engineering and information technology implementation specializes in Enterprise Resource Planning cushioned with telecommunication network. During the exposures has presented deliverables such as:
- Project management for Bank, telecommunication industry, Oil &Gas
- CMMI application and Information system audit implementation
- Set up Telco services business for Oil and Gas
- Set up project management services and IT application services business in the Oil and Gas Industry sector
- Set up and expand the VSAT DMV services to major Oil industry
- Set up TETRA radio telecommunication business (NOKIA) in Indonesia, especially with Police dept and the TNI, and other government agencies
- Developed a strategy to implement IT application especially the ERP supporting the business processes in the area of logistics and supply chain management
- Initiated and developed a strategic alliance with a global computer company to design and market GIS system products
- Manage strategic corporate accounts at government institutions and major private organizations on hardware, software and telecommunication services
- Implement eTOM deployment in Saudi Telcom (STC), extensive exposure in process decomposition, and conducted BPAM and ITIL training to STC staffs
- Lecturer in IT governance and certified project management professional and in IT security, also supply chain management
- Develop and introduce the Integrated Logistics Services or Third Party Logistics to the Indonesian industrial community (Singapore Technology Logistics)
- Ran organization as a business within a business based on a custom driven philosophy, by introducing new concepts, programs and direction to increase productivity and efficiencies.
- Proven marketing and sales ability in closing management services different countries
- Negotiated and dealt with executives of multinational on various aspects of business ventures.
- Develop the Disaster Recovery Services business plan and execute with local and regional partners (SingTel)
- Develop and implement strategy for the implementation of SISKOMDAGRI project-telecommunication networking of the Minister of Internal Affairs
- Set up implement strategy for Telecommunication services business (Telco)
- Set up Intelligent Video Network/ IVN business with Scopus International in Indonesia
Strong strategic thinker, planner, and problem solver with leadership quality for achieving bottom-line goals, including managing multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural teams toward a common purpose.
Conceived and marketed a new trend and concept of Third Party Logistics facilitate clients with outsourcing the logistics and supply chain activities in the direction of generating efficiency and productivity as related to Oil and Gas industry. Developed and implemented programs for corporate accounts and the channels for the hardware and application systems as catalyst to the business acceleration and achievement at Hewlett-Packard.
- Rp. 2.950.000, – (Registration 3 person/more; payment before December 6th, 2012)
- Rp. 3.250.000, – (Reg before November 29th, 2012; payment before December 6th, 2012)
- Rp. 3.750.000, – (Full Fare; payment at the latest December 15th, 2012)
- Add. charge 10 % will be applied for max 1 month late payment. And 20 % for payment after 1 month.