Oil, Gas and Water Handling Facilities
The Papandayan Hotel, Bandung | 14 – 17 April 2014 | Fee : at Training Proposal
Many oil production processes present a significant challenge to oil and water treating equipment design and operations. The nature of crude oil emulsions changes continuously as the producing field depletes and conditions change with time. These changes create the need to consider future performance when designing treatment systems and those changes require an understanding of scale and upscaling. This Oil , Gas and Water Handling Facilities course will explore all the theories and technologies involved in crude oil, gas and water treatment, starting with emulsion theory formation, stabilization and the mechanism, through the technology to destabilize and separate water from oil. After the oil has been dehydrated, some oil will still not meet contract specifications due to the amount of salt present. For this reason, the course will also discuss desalting technologies and processes needed to achieve the required oil specifications.
Due to environmental regulations and water injection specifications, produced water must also be treated. The course will provide a summary of the technologies, processes, and operational conditions needed to achieve the required specifications.
Course Outlines Oil , Gas and Water Handling Facilities?
- Offshore and Onshore Facilities.
- Wellheads, Manifolds, Flowline and Gathering Systems.
- Subsea Pipeline & Pig Launching/Receiving Facilities.
- Oil-Gas-Water Separation; Separator, Scrubber, Filter & Mist Extractor.
- Flow, Pressure and Level Control Systems.
- Well Test Equipment and Procedure.
- Pipeline, Pumps and Storage Systems.
- Crude Oil Dehydration and the Emulsion Treating.
- Heater -Treater and Electrostatic Coalescing Treater.
- Oil/Water Demulsifiers Injection.
- Crude Oil Flow Measurement & Custody Transfer.
- Gas Receiving and Conditioning Facilities.
- Gas Scrubbing and Condensate Removal.
- Gas Compression System.
- NGL Recovery and Dew-Point Control System.
- Acid Gas Removal Unit and the Gas Plant Facilities.
- Gas Dehydration Unit – Contactor System.
- Gas Dehydration Unit – Injection System.
- Heat Exchanger, Chiller, Cold Separator and Refrigeration System.
- Glycol Regeneration System and Equipment.
- Mercury Removal Unit.
- Gas Flow Measurement & Custody Transfer.
- Produced Water Handling Facilities & Equipment.
- Water Pumping and Filtration.
- Corrugated Plate Interceptor Unit.
- Gas Flotation Unit.
- Scale and Corrosion Control System and Facilities.
- Deaeration and Chemical Injection.
- Water Flow Measurement.
- Water Injection System and Disposal Facilities.
- Safety and Environmental Aspects.
WHO IS THE INSTRUCTOR ?
Hilman Ahmad, IR. DCE
This Oil , Gas and Water Handling Facilities course will be conducted by Hilman Ahmad & Associates, an Independent Consultant in industrial oil and gas, member of the Society of Indonesian Petroleum Engineers, who manage the Bandung Industrial Oil & Gas Education Center.
He has been practicing production operation and corrosion control engineering in Indonesia for more than twenty-five years. He post-graduated from Tokyo Institute of Technology (sponsored by UNESCO) in 1977. He joined in-field-practice program at Nippon Kokan Steel Company & Research Center Kawasaki, Japan for production facility design & construction and corrosion prevention & control in 1983, and collaborated with Cormon Industrial Research Center Brighton UK for on-line corrosion monitoring development in 2000.
He has been delivering training course in production operation and maintenance and corrosion control for personnel from Oil & Gas Company and Petrochemical Industry since 1979.