Pipeline Design Practice in Oil & Gas
Novotel Hotel Bandung | April 12-16, 2010 | Rp. 8.250.000,-
This course is designed to improve and provide a comprehensive understanding of piping & pipeline maintenance and technology. Pipeline technical calculation commonly practiced in oil & gas or industrial fluid production and transportation operation will also be discussed and learned. Therefore, after attending this 5-day course participants will have:
- Better understand and get improvement on the description, classification, requirement and specification of steel pipeline in oil and gas, petrochemical, etc.
- Improvement on ability to interpret and evaluate piping and pipeline performance data.
- Skill to identify and solve problems in oil and gas transportation system.
- Better knowledge of maintenance integrity properly in piping and pipeline
Nature of Industrial Fluid, Oil and Gas Field Fluid
- Physical and thermodynamic properties of oil and gas-field fluid
- Pressure-volume-temperature relationship
- Energy balance of fluid flowing in the pipeline
Specification and Standard of Oil and Gas or Industrial Pipeline
- Technical requirements of steel materials for oil and gas pipeline
- Specification, standard and recommended practice
- Pressure rating of pipeline, valve and fittings
Fundamental Design of Piping
- Flow Rate Calculation
- Pressure Drop/Pressure Loss/Head Loss Calculation in Pipe and Joint
- Flow Rate and Pressure Drop Calculation on Branch Pipes (Hardy Cross)
- Forces Calculation on Piping , Pipe Strength, Allowable Stress, Design Factor
- Basic Analysis of Piping System Flexibility
- Piping and Pipeline Insulation and Corrosion Protection
- Problem and Calculation Exercise
Design of Pipeline Supports
- Standard Component Supports
- Pipe Support Service
- Pipe Support Classifications
- Structural Shapes and Pipe Support Group
Pipeline Operation and Basic Technical Calculation
- Formulas for fluid transportation operation
- How to calculate head loss and pressure drop
- Pump and compressor installation in the pipeline
Erosion and Corrosion Problems in the Pipeline
- Erosion and Corrosion in sour oil and gas production
- How to calculate the maximum allowable working pressure
- How to estimate the remaining service life of the pipeline
Pipeline Maintenance, Control and Monitoring
- Pigging and cleaning of the pipeline
- Criteria, standards and recommended practices for internal pipeline corrosion control
- Installation of access fitting and fluid sampling assembly
Introduction to Risk-Based Inspection concept
Technical Personnel of Oil and Gas or Industrial Company Who Involves in or Concern With Handling Operation and Maintenance of Up-Stream Oil and Gas or Industrial Pipeline and Those Who Responsible in Oil and Gas or Industrial Fluid Transportation through Pipeline System.
Prof. DR. Ir. IGN. Wiratmaja Puja
Prof. DR. Ir. IGN. Wiratmaja Puja has 16 years continuous mechnanical engineering experience in failure and stress analysis, mining machinery and design as well as mechanical drawing and has been a consulting engineering expert in machinery and equipment maintenance for PT. Tambang Batubara Tanjung Enim, KONDUR Petroleum and PT. Kereta Api Indonesia. He also has served as an in-company training instructor for several major oil and gas companies such as PT. Badak LNG, PT. Freeport Indonesia, VICO and PT. Timah Tbk.
Mr. Wiratmaja has authored numerous publications and presentations related to mechanical engineering and mining machinery. He holds a M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Kentucky, USA.
April 12-16, 2010
Novotel Hotel Bandung
Rp. 8.250.000,- per participant, excluding accommodation & tax.