Reservoir Fluid Properties
Bandung | May 3-6, 2011 |IDR 8.250.000,-per participant
Hydrocarbon systems found in petroleum reservoirs are known to display multi-phase behavior over wide ranges of pressure and temperatures. The most important phases that occur in petroleum reservoirs are: liquid phase (crude oil or condensates) and gas (natural gases). This course will explain the hydrocarbon phase behavior and practical application in reservoir and production engineering. Firstly it will review the principles of phase behavior and illustrate the use of phase diagram in describing the volumetric behavior of single-component, two-component, and multi-component system.
It will also present numerous mathematical and graphical correlations for estimating physical and critical properties of the undefined petroleum fraction, evaluation of properties of natural gases and introduces their application in Darcy�s equation and material balance equation. A complete and cohesive independent unit on methods of determining the crude oil physical properties, presents the concept and application of vapor-liquid phase equilibrium, developments and advanced in the field of empirical cubic equation of state and application in petroleum engineering. Details scheme of splitting and lumping of petroleum-fraction.
Properly understanding the reservoir fluid properties is very significant and are very importance steps during the entire life of the oil and reservoir developments and operations. This five-day training will provide a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of reservoir fluid properties and application to reservoir and production engineering to keep excellent reservoir and production performance as long as possible.
- Refresh the knowledge of the participants on reservoir fluid properties.
- Understand the basic principles of hydrocarbon phase behavior and its application in petroleum engineering.
- Learn the numerous mathematical and graphical correlation for estimating physical and critical properties of the undefined petroleum fraction
- Enhance the knowledge on hydrocarbon phase behavior, reservoir fluid properties and application
- Gain additional knowledge on recent technology in reservoir fluid properties calculation and correlation
- Knowledge sharing among the participants and instructors
Basic Phase Behavior
- Single Component Systems
- Two Component Systems
- Multi Component Systems
- Classification of Reservoir and Reservoir Fluids
Pure Component Physical Properties and Characterizing Undefined Petroleum Fraction
- General Correlation for Estimating Physical Properties of Hydrocarbon Fraction
- Critical Compressibility Factors
- Characterizing Hydrocarbon Heavy Fractions
- Determining of Physical Properties of Heavy Petroleum Fraction from Correlation
Properties of Natural Gases
- Behavior of Ideal Gases
- Ideal Gas Mixtures
- Properties of Ideal Gas Mixtures
- Behavior of Real Gases
- Effect of Non Hydrocarbon Components on the Z-Factor
- Correction for Non Hydrocarbons
- Correction for High-Molecular-Weight Gases
- Direct Calculation of Compressibility Factors
- Compressibility of Natural Gases
- Gas Formation Volume Factor & Viscosity
- Engineering Application of natural gases PVT Properties
Phase Behavior of Crude Oils
- Crude Oil Density and Specific Gravity
- Methods for Determining Density of Crude Oils as Unknown Composition
- Methods for Determining Density of Liquids as Unknown Composition
- Isothermal Compressibility Coefficient of Undersaturated Crude Oils
- Density of Undersaturated Crude Oils
- Gas Solubility
- Oil Formation Factor of Undersaturated Crude Oils
- Total Formation Volume Factor
- Total System Isothermal Compressibility Coefficient
- Crude Oil Viscosity
- Bubble Point and Surface Tension
- Application of the Crude Oil PVT P
- The Material Balance Equation for Oil Reservoirs
Vapor-Liquid Phase Equilibrium
- Equilibrium Ratio & Flash Calculation
- Application of Equilibrium Ratio in Petroleum Engineering
Equation of State
- The General Sized Form of Equation of State
- Application of Equation of State for Petroleum Engineering
- Three-Phase Equilibrium Calculation
Splitting Lumping Schemes of Petroleum Fraction
- Splitting Schemes & Lumping Schemes
- Simulation of Laboratory PVT Data by Equation of State
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The following selected participants should attend this course:
- Field Young and Senior Operators.
- Fresh Petroleum, Reservoir, Production and Facility/Process Engineer
- Asset Management Team members and Business Development Manager
- Production staff, and Operation Personnel who is responsible for the Oil and Gas Reservoir development design and implementation
- Experienced professional who wants to refresh or broaden their understanding of Oil and Gas Properties in the purposes of fields development.
- Other professionals who want a better understanding of the subject.
DR. Ir. Sudjati Rachmat, DEA
DR. Ir. Sudjati Rachmat, DEA is General Manager of Program Development Department of ITB. He was an extreme dedicated consultant and researcher with countless hands-on expertise in analytical methods, engineering mathematics, computer simulation, fluid mechanic, mass and heat transfer. Mr. Sudjati has published numerous articles regarding of researches and analyses in France, Australia, USA and Singapore.
His expertise has brought him to one of the top-notch expert hired among UNOCAL, MOBIL OIL Indonesia, PPTM Migas, PT. CALTEX Pacific Indonesia, LEMIGAS, PT. LNG Bontang, VICO Indonesia, GULF, ARCO and PERTAMINA. He is an active member of SPE [Society of Petroleum Engineers] and Fine Particles Society, US. He holds Diplome d’Etude Approfondie and Docteur en Mecanique de Fluide in Methode Numerique from UCB, France.
May 3-6, 2011
IDR 8.250.000,-/ Person (excluded tax 10% and accommodation)
Registration and payment deadline a weeks before training held.
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Quality training kits included calculator, T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Convenient training facilities with four star quality
- Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch for along the training
- Certificate of Completion
- Exclusive flash disk.