Social Mapping Baseline Study for Program Planning
Bandung | 23rd – 25th February 2010 (3 days) | Rp. 5.500.000,
WHY THIS TRAINING IS NEEDED
A program that is being implemented by the company often clashed on community needs. Companies often complain about criticisms and discontent from various stakeholders, both communities and local governments related to the CD program which is run by the company. Many resources have sacrificed to run the CD program, so it is unfortunate if the results are not in accordance with the efforts that have been made.
So, what solution should be taken, if the the CD program has been planned can be successfully carried out according to company plans and expectations and on the target?
Social mapping is used to identify potential resources and social capital of communities. Beside, it is also used to identify the stakeholders and their existence, not only stakeholders which have corporative potential but also stakeholders which could be impede the implementation of future programs. Through this social mapping, we can get a mapping about problem and community needs, potential resources, social capital, stakeholders perception and also get an early warning conflict as a preventive action. Furthermore, output of this social mapping is used as materials for planning a comprehensive CD program.
ICSD initiatives to conduct “Social Mapping Baseline Study for Program Planning” training, as a holistic comprehension of communities and part of CD program planning to be on target. This training is designed as practical learning and capacity building improvement, both in understanding and skilled in doing social mapping. Thus, the participants can make programs in accordance with the needs of the community.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Improving participants skill and ability in :
- Social Mapping Comprehension
- Identification for Community Needs
- Mapping and Analysis Natural Resources Potential
- Mapping and Communication Network, Institutional and Program Analysis
METHODS AND CONTENT
- Comprehension : What/Why social mapping is needed in planning CD program?
- Fieldtrip (case study) : How to do social mapping?
- Identified issue/problem and community needs
- Identified potential of resources and social capital
- Identified stakeholders and the networking
- Packaging social mapping results : Utilizing the results of social mapping for planning CD program (systematization of data and compilation of reports on the community / social mapping).
- Interactive Discussion : the Influence dynamic of local politic in CD program and industry activities.
- Master Trainer: Dr. Bambang Rudito, Anthropologist and author of Social Mapping Tool for Development Project and lecturer in School of Business and Management, ITB.
- Adi Prasetijo: Social Researcher at ICSD, experiences in social and cultural researches and program development in peacebuilding, and team.
WHO IS THE PARTICIPANTS
The Division or working unit in corporate associated with program planning, or CSR/CD or community service.
- ≥3 person/institution Rp. 5.100.000,-/person (Registration before 18/02/2010)
- Reguler registration Rp. 5.300.000,-/person (Registration before 18/02/2010)
- Late registration Rp. 5.500.000,-/person (Registration after 18/02/2010)
Fee excludes tax
Late registration on 19th February 2010
- 2 fulldays training (08.00 a.m – 04.30 p.m)
- A day fieldtrip (case study) to Local Community in Ciwidey, Bandung
- Curriculums and papers (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Training kit (bag, notes, pen)
- Documentation (Soft file in CD)
- ICSD book and journal
- Lunch and snack during training
Bandung, 23rd – 25th Februari 2010 (3 days)
Jayakarta Hotel – Bandung
Ir. H. Juanda Street No. 381-A, Bandung