WASTE HANDLING IN THE OIL, GAS & GEOTHERMAL INDUSTRIES
Bandung | July 6-9, 2010| IDR 8.250.000,-/ Person
Handling and disposal of wastes generated in oil and gas exploration and production has received significant attention in recent years. This heightened interest has been a result of the public and regulatory agencies focus on environmental protection. Because of this, the oil industry has directed emphasis on waste handling and disposal to ensure that these wastes are properly managed.
From company’s perspective, proper waste management is an important part of doing business. As a company, they must be concerned with compliance with applicable waste regulations, minimizing the impact of wastes on the environment, and the reduction of potential liability associated with improperly disposed waste. This must be accomplished within certain economic bounds. Also eliminating or minimizing the generation of waste is becoming more critical, both environmentally and economically, as a means of reducing waste-related liabilities and costs.
The 3 day course covers regulations and waste management basics, from generation to disposal. The curriculum is designed to provide the information needed as a waste professional, regardless of skill level.
The Waste Management course is a must attend for all individuals with overall waste compliance responsibilities. This course provides the tools needed for the job.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, environmental coordinators and/or engineer, health and safety coordinators, and consultants all benefit from this training. Many of our participants attend because they have responsibility to back up the designated environmental coordinator at the facility.
Superintendent and Supervisor of Operational function, Legal Counsel, Waste Management Team, Transportation and Logistics Division as well as Health, Safety & Environmental senior staff.
The recommended participant may include key personnel whose activities are most likely to impact the environment and or producing industrial
What will the participant get?
Upon completion of the training, the participants will have improvement in:
- Knowledge on hazardous and non-hazardous wastes: generation, characteristics and impacts on occupational safety, health and environment.
- Understanding waste management principles including waste minimization or cleaner production
- Practical knowledge on the proper identification, segregation, containerization, temporary storage
- Practical knowledge on the ISO-14001 implementation related to waste handling and treatment or storage.
- Practical knowledge on the ‘PROPER’ environmental audit scheme in Indonesia related to waste handling and treatment, both onsite and outside handling
- Transportation, treatment and safe disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
- Translating the principles and knowledge on waste management into strategic problems solving
Ir.Wahyu Priatna Affandi,M.Si has more than 15 years experience of experience in waste management and petroleum business. He has experienced more than 25 years as a practitioner in world-class Petroleum Industries. Graduated from Petroleum Engineering of ITB, directly He started its career as a Production Operations Engineer in on-shore’s HUFFCO/VICO-Indonesia in 1982. Finally He left the company after more than 19 years of services (as a Reservoir Engineer, Production Operations Engineer, Tanker Coordinator until a Senior Environmental Coordinator for Kalimantan Operations). He has experienced in wastes handling both hazardous and non-hazardous classification when he was assistant to the Waste Management Chairman, including the impact to stakeholders, sensitive areas, etc
He learned offshore PSC/JOB in LASMO/Eni-Indonesia then in EPC offshore Swiber Offshore in HSE related matters. Also he has experienced with national PSC Medco E&P Indonesia, mainly in emergency preparedness implementation, including hazardous related wastes sources. He finished the career in oil and gas companies as an advisor ISO-14001 Audit & Certification Developing Environmental Program, Risk Assessment, Petroleum business Training, Waste Management and Community Development, etc.
He received a Master degree program on The Environmental Management, held by The Padjajaran University of Bandung and The Twente Enschede of Netherlands.
Certificate of Appreciation
All attendees will receive a certificate of appreciation attesting to their participant in the training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed training questionnaire.
- Quality training material kits will be on registration, additional papers, & handouts assignment by Our Partner.
- Note-taking by participants is encourage. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
Casual clothing is recommended. The training atmosphere is informal.
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Quality training kits included calculator, T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Interactive presentation with discussion
- Convenient training facilities with five star quality
- Lunch per day
- Morning and afternoon coffee / tea breaks for along the training
- Certificate of Completion
- Local drop and pick up for arrival and departure between airport to hotel.
- Half day city tour at the end of training session following by dinner with entertainment (optional)
- Exclusive flash disk.
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline
IDR 8.250.000,-/ Person, Registration deadline a weeks before training held.
This training will be conducted if we receive registration letter from 3 (three) participants (Minimum)